Armies of Liberation

Jane Novak's blog about Yemen

American Hostage Beheaded

Filed under: General — by Jane Novak at 3:03 pm on Monday, September 20, 2004

Horrible. Rusty has the details . He says: “I have the video. The victim is Eugene Armstrong. I am sick. I am in tears. I am enraged. God, strike down these sick bastards!!! Lord, where is justice??”

I can’t type more now.

Update: I shouldn’t have looked. Its a glitzy video that opens with a soundtrack and graphics. Then these hooded men read a statement while a curtain flutters in the wind off to the right. Then they saw this man’s head off and place it on his chest. I know this isn’t about me but I feel like I was just in a bloody traffic accident. I’m faint and ready to throw up. A son, a husband, a father

For more coherent posts see:
Diggers realm and
Ramblings Journal
and My Pet Jawa
and Wizbang
also Six Meat Buffet

Ok I had an emergency nap and am regaining some verbal capacity:
Blogs of War has a translation of the statement: the statement read before the murder: “Oh, you Christian dog Bush, stop your arrogance … the mujahideen will give America a taste of the degradation you have inflicted on the Iraqi people.”

Rooftop report says exactly what I was thinking before I passed out: “It consistently baffles and enrages me that the perpetrators of these crimes think they are doing God’s work. Disgusting.”

Big Dick: Well, those cowardly chickenshits did it.

BackCountry Conservative has a round up.

In Search of Utopia brings up the other two: “The fate of the two other hostages taken with him remains unknown, but there is little hope that they will not face the same fate.”

Right on Red quotes the Iraqi FM: “Iraq is on the front line of fighting these terrorists. And, God forbid, if Iraq is broken or the will of Iraq is broken, then London would be a target, Washington will be a target, Paris will be a target, Cairo will be a target, as we have seen in the past.” and points out to the press Zarqawi is not an Iraqi militant; he is a Jordanian terrorist.

Update: Now that I can stand again, I blame this horrible inhumane attack on the vile Salafi Zarqawi and all the beastly jihadiis around the world, not on all Muslims or all Iraqis. Zarqawi murders Iraqi Muslim civilians on a nearly daily basis.

Update: No mention in the Tehran Times. The Syria Times nothing. The Electronic Intifada which normally comments on Iraq has no story. The Arab News has a straight forward story outlining Zarqawis other crimes as well. They also noted “another group of militants freed 18 Iraqi soldiers after an appeal from Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr.” The Lebanese Daily Star has the beheading as the lead and includes this: “More than 300 Iraqis have been killed in violence over the past 10 days, casting doubt on whether elections can go ahead in January as scheduled.”

39 Comments

Trackback by Diggers Realm

9/20/2004 @ 3:18 pm

American Hostage Beheaded By Terrorists
Reuters is reporting that one of the two American hostages has been killed. The terrorists also threaten to kill the other American and Briton. An American hostage in Iraq has been killed by his captors, who say they will also…

Comment by Gian Carlo

9/20/2004 @ 3:25 pm

If everything that’s running on my mind right after seeing this video can actually come true, there’ll be a lot of dead people. The Lord is watching.
And I’d hate to say this but I have too, Americans should they’re own Jihad. “An eye for an eye” “A tooth for a tooth”.

Trackback by Ramblings' Journal

9/20/2004 @ 3:45 pm

American Eugene Armstrong beheaded by terrorists in Iraq
One of the three hostages being held by Iraqi terrorists associated with Al Qaeda (one Briton, two American) has been beheaded, and the video shown on a website previously associated with terrorist activities.Eugene Armstrong has been identified by CNN…

Trackback by mypetjawa v. 2.0 (beta)

9/20/2004 @ 3:49 pm

American Hostage Eugene Armstrong Beheaded on Video
American Hostage Eugene Armstrong has been beheaded in a new video released by the Army of Ansar al Sunna, a group with links to al Qaeda and head by Abu Musab al Zarqawi. I have the video. Still images from…

Trackback by mypetjawa v. 2.0 (beta)

9/20/2004 @ 3:49 pm

American Hostage Eugene Armstrong Beheaded on Video

Comment by kdeweb

9/20/2004 @ 3:50 pm

On days like today my more carnal being rages up inside of me and wants for Bush to just drop a nuke and end the entire Middle East (giving Israel time to flee).

Trackback by Blogs of War

9/20/2004 @ 4:20 pm

Video Shows Beheading of American Hostage Eugene Armstrong
My god this video (warning: graphic content) is horrible. Theyre sawing off the heads of innocent civilians while were warning them that if they dont start playing nice well be forced to come after them in a couple of months.

Im in a crappy moo…

Trackback by Diggers Realm

9/20/2004 @ 4:26 pm

American Hostage, Eugene Armstrong, Beheaded By Terrorists [Update]
These people are vicious and we need to use the same viciousness with taking them on. None of this “We might come and get you soon” bullshit. We need solid action, this is ridiculous. Have we become that wimpy that…

Comment by dick

9/20/2004 @ 4:39 pm

Let’s not go nuclear. That would take al the fun out of it.

Comment by mike allen

9/20/2004 @ 4:53 pm

seeing that video makes me want to turn that country to 2,500 degrees ferinhiet.
nuke the bastards

Comment by mike allen

9/20/2004 @ 4:54 pm

kerry is a idiot

Trackback by Rooftop Report

9/20/2004 @ 4:57 pm

American Eugene Armstrong beheaded by terrorists in Iraq – - Video
American Eugene Armstrong beheaded by terrorists in Iraq (Rambling’s Journal): One of the three hostages being held by Iraqi terrorists associated with Al Qaeda (one Briton, two American) has been beheaded, and the video shown on a website previously …

Trackback by Backcountry Conservative

9/20/2004 @ 5:11 pm

American Hostage Beheaded on Video
Fox: One of the American hostages kidnapped last week in Iraq has been beheaded by the Al Qaeda-linked group of Jordanian terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, according to a Web site The statement, posted Monday by a Web site contributor…

Trackback by In Search of Utopia

9/20/2004 @ 5:38 pm

Eugene Armstrong RIP
The TERRORIST have murdered another American. The fate of the two other hostages taken with him remains unknown, but there is little hope that they will not face the same fate. It’s time to do something. I dont know what….

Comment by Final Historian

9/20/2004 @ 5:40 pm

They love Death more than we love Life. We still have trouble understanding this, even after events such as this. We need to get it into our collective psyche :

This Planet isn’t big enough for the two of us.

Either we or the Islamists will stay alive when this is all over. Make your choice.

Comment by John

9/20/2004 @ 7:47 pm

Jane, I’m sorry you watched that. I’ve seen too many and just won’t watch anymore.

The pathetic thing about this is that the terrorist are demanding that “all women be freed from Iraqi jails”. There are a total of two women in jail in Iraq, both senior scientists involved in Saddam’s chemical/biological warfare efforts. Both will be tried as war criminals.

Other than they, there are no women being held in the Iraqi jails the terrorists are condemning.

I fear that the other hostages will be killed tomorrow.

Comment by Demosophist

9/20/2004 @ 8:28 pm

I just don’t understand why we can’t do something to catch this creep. Maybe a sting where we plant some undectable radio transmitter in a number of potential “victims,” and then track them if one is kidnapped. Or start issuing some implanted device to all contractors in Iraq who want one, as a security measure. Eventually these imbeciles will kidnap someone with a device we can track, and we’ll have them. Surely this is technologically feasible?

Anyway, something like this is ultimately the only way to deal with kidnappers, so if we don’t have it yet we’d better develop it… or just forget about getting people to contract in the Sunni triangle.

And another thing, why are these recruitment lines for police jobs always vulnerable? I can understand the first few attacks being successful, but why the heck is it still happening?

I just don’t get it. One of my best friends is heading to the Gulf to work as a contractor for 5 years. The pay he gets is to save his farm. I don’t want to see him in one of these damn videos.

Comment by vijay

9/20/2004 @ 9:28 pm

those terrorists can f*** them selfs and i mean it when i say, we will win this ultimate war even if its a racial war. they want war, we give em war

Comment by danimal

9/20/2004 @ 11:07 pm

the islamic faith is the lowest and filthiest on this planet. Give me the opportunity and I would teach you all a lesson

Comment by Final Historian

9/20/2004 @ 11:34 pm

“the islamic faith is the lowest and filthiest on this planet.”

Christians and Jews have acted just as brutally danimal. So have atheists. The problem, is of course, that Christianity underwent several reforms. Islam has not. In fact, Islam has become more reactionary as of late. Until a serious Islamic Reformation takes place, the conflict between the Islamic world and the rest of humanity will continue.

Comment by Gerald Jaster

9/21/2004 @ 12:59 am

i am upset.
they can make a bloody war, but are not abel to find theese bloody terrorist with massive force. and the islamic world and people here in germany are not saying anything.
who is stopping this killings????

gerald jaster

Comment by rob

9/21/2004 @ 1:14 am

Final Historian, Your statement is bull. The conflict between the islamic faith has nothing to do with this. This people are using that faith to do their dirty work. The cowardly sick bastards that did this are not following the Koran, they are militant Arabs who hate the West and its values. They hate all Americans for what a few right-wing Nazi’s have done. George Bush is following in that proud tradition. He will keep the keep the occupation in Iraq going not because he wants to help the Iraqi people but because it is good for big business. Read your history books, America goes to war for economic and political reasons. Iraq is no different.

I say lets get out and let them have a civil war and kill eachother off, them bomb the winners!

Comment by Doug

9/21/2004 @ 5:00 am

If the terrorists would kindly wear green armbands, or red hats, or orange signs, or even just a crescent-and-sword patch on their sleeves, it would all get much simpler. Of course, that’s not really in their best interest…

It’s good to hear from Germany, Gerald.

Trackback by Six Meat Buffet

9/21/2004 @ 7:37 am

Another Beheading
Once again, an infidel Westerner, who came to help rebuild Iraq’s infrastructure, has been murdered in the name of the islamofascists’ “god”. In the world of radical islam, no good deed ever goes unpunished.

Comment by Red Rider

9/21/2004 @ 12:38 pm

Armstrong but another victim of the imperialistic war on Iraq. More to come…I feel sorry for the guy. But if you can’t stand the heat, then stay out of GW’s kitchen. All US military and civilians should exit Iraq NOW!

This is all Bush’s fault and the fault of the braindead americans who lick his boots.

–Red Rider

Trackback by Diggers Realm

9/21/2004 @ 1:36 pm

American Hostage, Eugene Armstrong, Beheaded By Terrorists [Update]

Comment by chickenknee

9/21/2004 @ 7:00 pm

all this kidnapping. Isnt this how Checnya got started? and look how that has ended up

Comment by Marc

9/21/2004 @ 8:04 pm

I don’t know why I felt that I had to watch the video, but I did. It’s more lucid than ever – Zarqawi is the face of Satan himself. No God ever justifies the murder of innocent civilians. Those who invoke his name when performing these atrocities serve the interests of Satan, not of Allah. Muhammad was a peaceful man who eloquently states in the Quran that man should defend himself. These terrorists are not defending themselves but are committing the same atrocities as the Nazis in the name of Satan, not Allah.

I pray, as you all do, that God will bring judgment upon all those who commit these atrocities. If only US foreign policy could inspire hope rather than paranoia, the world would be a better place.

Que la paix de Dieu soit toujours avec vous.

Comment by Doug

9/21/2004 @ 8:44 pm

Maybe God will bring judgement upon them; I’d rather Marines did it first though.

Comment by Robbie

9/22/2004 @ 9:39 am

Don’t you think the Iraqis are saying the same thing: “God strike down these sick basters”? We must learn to feel what others are feeling, see what they are seeing and hear what they are hearing. Let us remove our heads from between our a.. and look in the mirror, than ask ourselves: am I being the best human being that I can be? if the answer is yes, than keep living. But if the answer is no, make a positive change. God does not care if you are American or Iraqi he will judge us base on our deeds regardless of how cool we think we are or how many votes we get.

Comment by Anonymous

9/23/2004 @ 3:13 pm

Obviously, these terrorists are not only murderers but cowards, too. Why don’t they show their faces? They are very pathetic! These idiots don’t understand that by taking the lives of innocent people (who are in their country trying help them), that they are making heroes out of all Americans.

A Brave and Very Proud American

Comment by Anonymous

9/23/2004 @ 3:13 pm

A Brave and Very Proud American

Comment by American Pride

9/24/2004 @ 5:12 am

This was one of the most disgusting acts I have ever seen The perpetrators noting more than a bunch of chickenshit Posers. You think your so bad ass, why dont you remove the restraints and at least give him a fighting chance. But no…you could get your sissy ass hurt doing that. I say never get taken hostage, keep explosives/grenades on you at all times…when it comes to it, die on your own terms and takes those fucking bastards with you.

Comment by Nursebigdave

9/25/2004 @ 5:23 am

Atleast Bush is going to get back in! I’m a Brit who was for the war against the threat of weapons of mass destrucion. We’ve stirred the hornets nest and they need gassing.

Comment by Angel of Mercy

9/25/2004 @ 7:38 pm

To the Family of Eugene Armstrong and Jack Hensley,
I wish my prayers and LOVE and deep condolences to both families. May God bless you and keep in the comfort of his mercy and love in your time of loss.
“Vengeance is mine”, sayeth the Lord.
Keep this faith strong in your heart ask and you shall recieve!
Angel of Mercy

Comment by A Friend

9/26/2004 @ 5:59 pm

A prophecy in the Christian bible states that the world powers would turn on “Babylon the Great”, because of “her” unfathomable blood guilt, and completely destroy “her”. (Interestingly the original Babylon was in ancient Iraq). Cant you see the world powers are shaping up for just that! Thankfully this would be a prelude for God to intervene and begin the last war that mankind will ever see. This will usher in a new world order where love and peace will rule for eternity. We were warned that Man would dominate man to his injury. My deepest sympathies to the family of Eugene Armstrong but please take solace in the words of our God at Acts 24:15 that promises a resurrection of their dear loved one. Ref: Isaiah Daniel- Revelation

Comment by Anonymous

10/5/2004 @ 6:55 pm

those men deserve to die. Kill them all!

Comment by Conservitive Democrat

10/15/2004 @ 11:58 pm

Just for the record…I think the reasons we went to war were shady and I dont care for that republican asswipe Bush, but when these cock breathed assholes begin to murder innocent Americans, it makes me glad to know that they have a special place reserved in hell for them.

Comment by julia

1/19/2007 @ 6:06 am

My husband is in the military… I fear the worst because I have read the articles on the web, sometimes the videos or pictures. It frightens me that he puts his life out there for all of you… but forgets to take out the garbage when he’s home.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Tourisme Dentaire Dental TourismTourisme DentaireProthese dentaireClinique dentaireFacette dentairesTourisme DentaireVoyage DentaireTourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireDental TourismTourisme DentaireDental TourismMedical Tourism Tourisme DentaireTourisme Dentaire

Bad Behavior has blocked 13276 access attempts in the last 7 days.