Armies of Liberation

Jane Novak's blog about Yemen

Jane Novak a docile pupil of a monkey monk

Filed under: General, Yemen, mentions — by Jane Novak at 11:07 am on Monday, May 30, 2005

Update: My response to the article was published by the Yemen Times here. I appreciate the opportunity they gave me to reply.

Update 2: Apparently the article was snuck past the editors. The Yemen Times published a beautiful article about my journalistic standards with an apology and its here.

Original post: Full page article trashing me in the Yemen Times. This is the headline: Jane Novak a docile pupil of a monkey monk

This is the article that irked the regime at Front Page, also about six other places. This I think is the most complete version. )

I already got the first message, from Robert at Jihad Watch:
“Yes, this is bigger than anything I’ve seen for awhile. Congratulations!”

28 Comments

Comment by Cao

5/30/2005 @ 1:15 pm

That’s absolutely hilarious, Jane, you’ve arrived! I think they keep inviting you to Yemen because they can’t touch you over here. They can better and more effectively shut you up if you’re over there.

Trackback by In Search Of Utopia

5/30/2005 @ 1:36 pm

Looks like Jane continues to be a celebrity in Yemen
Hehe… You go get ‘em Jane. Although I would stay out of Yemen for the time being….

Trackback by Beautiful Atrocities

5/30/2005 @ 1:41 pm

BLOGGER MAKES GOOD: JANE NOVAK IN-DEPTH PROFILE IN YEMEN TIMES

Trackback by Cao's Blog

5/30/2005 @ 1:47 pm

Jane is pissing off the Yemens
It’s just too much fun. The jihadis don’t like to have attention drawn to what they’re doing, they’re accustomed to killing people who don’t agree with them, or act like dhimmis. Aww. Take a look at her post for today referencing a whole articl…

Comment by Beth

5/30/2005 @ 2:30 pm

“docile pupil of a monkey monk”

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! That’s a new one for me; maybe you should make a banner with that one or something! Or at least change your “Large Mammal” code to read “Docile Pupil of a Monkey Monk”?

These people are certifiably nuts. Sure, there are women everywhere who “like being battered.” Maybe he’s referring to his mother, the S&M sex worker? ;)

Comment by Asher Abrams

5/30/2005 @ 3:04 pm

Once again, p***ing off all the right people.

You go, girl!!!

Trackback by Dean's World

5/30/2005 @ 3:30 pm

Yemeny Jane
Our friend Jane of the Armies of Liberation weblog has been writing regularly on the subject of Yemen. For example, see her recent religionjournal.com article.

Comment by Eric

5/30/2005 @ 5:56 pm

Hmmm…I guess that counts as a fatwa of sorts.

Congrats Jane!

Trackback by On The Third Hand

5/30/2005 @ 7:07 pm

More like this…
One American female is taking on the country of Yemen. And, from the reaction, I think she’s winning.

Comment by Gordon

5/30/2005 @ 10:38 pm

You go you monkey monk pupil docile thing!

I’m not exactly sure what that means, but I’m sure it’s good coming from them.

Trackback by The Moderate Voice

5/30/2005 @ 11:27 pm

Around The ‘Sphere
Our occasional linkfest giving you interesting reading from sites representing varying viewpoints. Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect the opin…

Trackback by The Moderate Voice

5/30/2005 @ 11:27 pm

Around The ‘Sphere

Trackback by GOP Bloggers

5/31/2005 @ 1:42 am

Call Me a “Houthi”
Dean Esmay brings to our attention the fact that blogger Jane Novak of Armies of Liberation has been called “a docil pupil of a monkey monk” as well as a “Houthi” (Houthi being the name of a man apparantly in…

Trackback by Tim Worstall

5/31/2005 @ 5:38 am

Jane Novak
Jane Novak of Armies of Liberation seems to be touching a few nerves. She’s been writing for some time in various Middle Eastern newspapers

Trackback by MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

5/31/2005 @ 6:07 am

More Cotillion!
All too often in the blogosphere the following annoying question comes up: “Where are the female bloggers?” Beth of My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, Jody of Steal the Bandwagon and I asked the following ladies to join us in the very special project o…

Trackback by Common Sense Runs Wild

5/31/2005 @ 7:31 am

Introducing the Cotillion

Trackback by thebandwagon

5/31/2005 @ 7:54 am

Cotillion
Welcome to Cotillion

Trackback by Six Meat Buffet

5/31/2005 @ 8:48 am

Tuesday Tidbits
In lieu of actual content this morning, here are a few nuggets to whet your whistles, you perverts.

Trackback by The Jawa Report

5/31/2005 @ 11:02 am

Will Rusty Shackleford be the last infidel without a fatwa?
More and more I begin to think that the very fabric of the Universe is held together by a perverse sense of humor. Here I am constantly going out of my way to mock all that Muslims deem holy, make…

Trackback by Cranky Neocon

5/31/2005 @ 11:37 am

If I’m Gonna Link This…
… desparate plea for some competitive linking with sexual undertones, then I might as well do a link roundup too. Rusty the Jawa is rapidly becoming the Rodney Dangerfield of the Jihad set ’cause he can’t get no fatwa. However,

Trackback by Exit Zero

5/31/2005 @ 6:51 pm

non-tummyist insects and dung

In Darfur, the Shariah-inspired jihadi government responds to criticism by arresting the Messenger. Atlas Shrugs has more.

In Yemen, their Shariah-ins…

Trackback by The LLama Butchers

5/31/2005 @ 8:06 pm

Jane Novak: I always thought she was more of a Charlie Parker gal myself
Armies of Liberation trashed in the Yemen Times for her attachment to Thelonius Monk? Word up to Saleh, the author of the piece: “docile” is not a word to use to describe Jane, unless by “docile” you mean a rambunctiously…

Comment by Yaseen Ahmed

6/1/2005 @ 10:11 am

Jane. I m Yemeni, and I belong to zadia community. Believe me what u mentioned in Yemen gathering article is not true.look, Ali Mohsen Alahmr was in contact with CIA at time of cold war, so usa asked him to send men to fight soviet, when these men came back, ali mohsen had to contain them, and ail saleh as well, cz unfortunately if they did not contain them then the royal family of ksa would contain them and use them against democracy in Yemen (knowingly ksa does not support Ali saleh and Ali mohsen cz they established democracy in the very neighboring country of ksa which may lead ppl in ksa to ask for the same democracy)

So Jane we r so hurtted by ur words , ,,and believe me ur new ahmed alchalabi(al hassani) is communist ,he has ties with Russia and china and the mullah of Iran ,,so better baby u keep taking ali saleh and ali mohsen as allies ,if u back the new ahmed chalabi ,,then u will be baking losers ,unfortunately or fortunately Yemen s not Iraq ,,u know abt Yemen ,,millions of children r well trained to use weapons ,,,no call to rise tension between the strategic allies in the war on terror USA and Ali saleh.

Comment by Jane

6/1/2005 @ 12:20 pm

This seems to me to be a government guy. In defense of Yemeni President Saleh and top military commander Ali Mohsen he uses the same strategy that they try to sell to the western governments: support this dictator and we will protect you from the terrorists. He doesn’t deny that the Yemeni people are brutalized by the tyrant President Saleh, he only says its in the US interest to support him and not democracy. Also supposed links to Iran (and now China) by the defecting ambasador are supposed to deflect everybody in the West from looking at the internal situation in Yemen. All my research suggests its a really bad and a very brutal situation for the people there in Yemen. And the govt is hooked into al-Qaeda. But thanks for stopping by Yaseen.

Comment by The Redhunter

6/1/2005 @ 8:37 pm

You Rock Jane !!!

You’re obviously getting to them so the hard work is paying off!

We’ll keep up the pressure and bring reform to another country.

Comment by Sam

11/15/2005 @ 10:22 am

hi I wnt to say u r great
all your words is OK and good
I am from yemen and I am with u
so keep going if u want any thing just contact me
Sam,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Trackback by Cotillion

1/29/2006 @ 1:39 pm

All too often in the

All too often in the blogosphere the following annoying question comes up: Where are the female bloggers? Beth of My Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, Jody of Steal the Bandwagon and I asked the following ladies to join us in the…

Comment by Dan

3/23/2006 @ 1:35 pm

Awesome. good job. getting under their fingernails.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Tourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireDental TourismTourisme DentaireProthese dentaireClinique dentaireFacette dentairesTourisme DentaireVoyage DentaireTourisme Dentaire Tourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireTourisme DentaireDental TourismTourisme DentaireDental TourismMedical Tourism Tourisme DentaireTourisme Dentaire

Bad Behavior has blocked 10169 access attempts in the last 7 days.